Forum

5-17-04 Minneapolis show available on dimeadozen
 
Forum index / The Cardigans international forum
Goto page: 1, 2 [Next »]
Post reply | Create new thread
Author
Posted on 2006-08-05 00:38:03
BrianfromLA
It's an audience recording. Remember that you need to register at dimeadozen to download this. If you can't register due to their user limits, be persistent and keep trying.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torr...d=106222

The Cardigans
Fine Line Music Cafe
Minneapolis, Mn.
17 May 04

This is a show a friend of mine recorded. I don't have alot of info on how he did it, but I know he was at a table at the very front of the upper level and he used a mini-disc recorder. The sound is quite good. A little of the between song patter is hard to make out, but mostly very clear. He did have to cut the applause before the encore to make it fit onto one CD.
CD > EAC > FLAC

Track listing:

1. And Then You Kissed Me
2. Please Sister
3. For What It's Worth
4. Live and Learn
5. Less Like Me
6. Erase/Rewind
7. Hangin' Around
8. 03:45: No Sleep
9. Lead Me Into The Night
10. Changes
11. You're The Storm
12. For The Boys
13. A Good Horse
14. Feathers and Down
15. Communication
16. My Favourite Game
Author
Posted on 2006-08-05 15:49:15
enrike
Thanks !!! :)
Author
Posted on 2006-08-05 23:36:54
Biko
How do I get this one? Can someone upload it on Rapidshare?
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 12:40:00
Small-Talker
Jannphil wrote:
Can someone upload it on Rapidshare?

Yeah - If you can wait 40 minutes per upload. Flac's are like 40MB per track.

I'm beginning to despise people who use dimeadozen. There’s a whole interweavable torrent network out there - if you upload on mininova, you can download from piratebay, etc - yet people still choose this stand-alone dimeadozen thing? And not one person who downloads from there ever chooses to upload onto another more accessable site.

I badly want a Flac version of Less Like Me 'n' all...
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 14:23:39
Fredi
That's 'cause in that "more accessable sites" people rarely seed after downloading.. Things stay uploaded longer in sites like Dimeadozen, Demonoid, Fileplanet, etc. because you need to seed if you don't want to be banned.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 16:09:31
Small-Talker
Fredi wrote:
That's 'cause in that "more accessable sites" people rarely seed after downloading.. Things stay uploaded longer in sites like Dimeadozen, Demonoid, Fileplanet, etc. because you need to seed if you don't want to be banned.

That's not true. I can only recall 1 torrent I wanted to download where there were no seeds or peers. And even when there are no seeds, you can usually get what you're looking for by opening the program at different times of the day - ie, getting a whole new bunch of peers with different parts of the file.

And that's still no reason for only ever using the registration-required sites.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 16:50:40
Fredi
I'm not saying that I don't agree with you, I also dislike this sites.

Maybe it's not 100% true, but it's a fact that people seed more on this sites. Anyway, that's the only reason I could give you so I did it.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 16:57:52
miguel88
Any program to convert those files to MP3??
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 17:03:03
Biko
miguel88 wrote:
Any program to convert those files to MP3??


I would do that for all of you if I got the flac files....
Author
Posted on 2006-08-06 17:51:31
miguel88
I only downloaded Less Like Me, I'll download them all when I get home. I converted the file to MP3, if anyone wants it, PM me.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 01:38:24
Small-Talker
Fredi wrote:
I'm not saying that I don't agree with you, I also dislike this sites.

Maybe it's not 100% true, but it's a fact that people seed more on this sites. Anyway, that's the only reason I could give you so I did it.

I wasn't moaning at you specifically. I just really, really hate dimeadozen.

miguel88 wrote:
I only downloaded Less Like Me, I'll download them all when I get home. I converted the file to MP3, if anyone wants it, PM me.

What bit-rate did you convert it to? Was the source recording itself of good quality?
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 02:05:20
miguel88
Small-Talker wrote:

miguel88 wrote:
I only downloaded Less Like Me, I'll download them all when I get home. I converted the file to MP3, if anyone wants it, PM me.

What bit-rate did you convert it to? Was the source recording itself of good quality?

320 kbps. And yes, the source recording has a good quality.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 10:24:11
Fredi
Don't know if someone is already doing this.. but I'm uploading right now the whole thing converted to mp3, 320 kbps CBR, 182 MB, to rapidshare.

Will put it here when finishes.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 11:02:33
Biko
Fredi wrote:
Don't know if someone is already doing this.. but I'm uploading right now the whole thing converted to mp3, 320 kbps CBR, 182 MB, to rapidshare.

Will put it here when finishes.


Thank you very very very very very much! And thanks to the guy who is sharing the show with us! Thatīs really kind, because the other guys who have hundreds of shows we donīt have donīt wanna share with us...
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 11:19:22
Fredi
OK, here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/files/284...rar.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/284...rar.html

In 2 parts 'cause Rapidshare have a limit of 100 MB per file.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 14:07:10
miguel88
^Grreat! Thanx :)
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 15:03:34
-berlin-
downloading it right now! thanx a lot, fredi!
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 19:18:31
vilmari
yes, same here, thanks a lot!
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 20:34:16
Biko
Iīm listening to "And Then You Kissed Me" right now, and I wanna thank you very much for sharing and converting and uploading and so on! The song warms my heart...
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 21:16:59
Yann_D
Thanks a lot for sharing !
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 21:22:16
Fredi
Hey, you're welcome!

Thanks to Brian too..
Author
Posted on 2006-08-07 23:15:01
-berlin-
Jannphil wrote:
Iīm listening to "And Then You Kissed Me" right now, and I wanna thank you very much for sharing and converting and uploading and so on! The song warms my heart...


yeah, this is a very good recording of a very beautiful concert!!
Author
Posted on 2006-08-08 02:36:06
Small-Talker
Thanks a lot for the download Fredi. Great MP3s.

Finally - a Burnable Cardigans gig.
Author
Posted on 2006-08-08 05:21:14
AshleyMN
Cannot wait to watch it to see if I am in it. That was an awesome show! Thanks!
Author
Posted on 2006-08-08 07:02:46
BrianfromLA
I'm not the one who uploaded it. If I see a new live show pop up on one of the torrent sites, I'm gonna play "messenger" and say something here since it's apparently OK to mention it (I didn't think it was when the site was revamped). I'm not too keen on the registration thing either, and it took me quite a long time to be able to register on dimeadozen. But that's where a ton of live shows end up, so I want to be where the action is so to speak.

There's other popular live music sites that don't require registration like etree (although it's mostly jam bands that get uploaded there). But I think the best bet is getting the band on the Live Music Archive at www.archive.org. I think that apart from getting the band's approval plus whatever other stipulations they may have (like control over which shows get uploaded since they may be unhappy with certain performances), it's just a matter of uploading the shows to this site. Some shows from bands even offer both lossless and non-lossless versions of the same show, though you'll probably need to upload a lossless version at the very least.

Just a suggestion, but it's a popular site and is an option to having easy access to these shows a la the old Cardigans Country website.
Goto page: 1, 2 [Next »]
Moderators: Antoine, Assaf, Oleg, daniel_o
 
 
Betatest: Forum search engine
 
Forum jump